Welcome to the West Surrey Branch of the Motor Neurone Disease Association.
Our Branch is here to help and support not just those who live with the disease, but also their families, carers and friends. We:
- Host monthly Drop-in meetings specifically for people living with MND and their family or carer (in the Guildford Cathedral refectory or combined with Branch meetings)
- Help with the provision of physical aids for people with MND
- Provide trained Association Visitors who can offer support and advice
- Contribute to MND research
- Issue a newsletter to our members
- Hold open Branch meetings (usually in Church House in the Surrey Research Park)
Dear friends, especially all those living with MND.
We are living through strange and worrying times! Professional advice to limit social interaction goes against the grain, but is the considered view of those who have spent their professional lives studying how diseases spread. Many of our members already have respiratory problems, and adding COVID-19 infection to the mix would obviously be bad news, so we must heed the advice given.
Although we cannot, for the time being meet in person, all those involved in this Branch are anxious to support those with MND and their families as best we can, so if you have any concerns, or would just like a chat, please contact Ann in the first instance;
(email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07770 875662)
or any other committee member listed in the newsletter.
The national MND Association has information on dealing with this outbreak on their website, here:
With our best wishes,
All at West Surrey Branch, MND Association